ETA’s mission is to contribute to the more efficient functioning of the U.S. labor market by providing high quality job training, employment, labor market information, and income maintenance services primarily through state and local workforce development systems. The role of the Regional Office is to provide technical assistance to the workforce development system in order to achieve economic prosperity for America’s citizens. http://www.doleta.gov/etainfo/
A brief description of the function of each unit in our Regional Office is below.
- Office of the Regional Administrator: The Regional Administrator is the Senior Executive of the office, responsible for all units and the overall direction of the office.
- Division of Financial Management and Administrative Services (DFMAS):
Staff accountants, technology, procurement and contract experts, performance specialists, and labor market information staff are housed in DFMAS. DFMAS provides a range of targeted services to support grant management and internal office operations.
- Office of State Systems (OSS): The Office of State Systems oversees the operations of both the Division of Workforce Investment and the Division of Workforce Security.
- Division of Workforce Investment (DWI): Specialists in this division handle the grants for the Workforce Investment Act and Wagner-Peyser programs and related programs. Federal Project Officers manage grants, offer technical assistance, and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Division of Workforce Security (DWS): Specialists in this division handle the grants for the Unemployment Insurance Program. Federal Project Officers manage grants, offer technical assistance, and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Office of Special Initiatives and Demonstrations (OSID):
Specialists in this division handle the discretionary grants. These are grantees that are awarded funds via a competitive, rather than formula, process. Federal Project Officers manage the grants, offer technical assistance, and ensure compliance with regulations.
Click to view larger organization chart.
U.S. Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration Region 1 Boston, States and Territories